Dragon Saga has gone through many changes in the last year and many of these changes have generated a lot of buzz on the forums as well as ingame. We’ve gone through this feedback with a fine-tooth comb and have funneled it and suggestions to our developers to hopefully incorporate into the future updates/plans for Dragon Saga. With this information(and their current vision of the game) the Developers have sent us a very rough outline of content and Event plans for the first half of the year (through June).
More details of each update/event will come as we draw closer to the release dates.
A few words from our Producer, Vince Kim:
As we welcome spring and its warmer weather, there are some exciting content updates planned for release in the next few months. We have heard the ‘Yawns’ coming from our players over the past few content updates, since the New Origins expansion. Since the beginning of this year, the developers have been hard at work to bring the ‘Fun’ back into the Dragon Saga gameplay. Big focus has been put on PVP contents and game balance. By this summer, we expect Dragon Saga to look and play like a brand new game. Some of the updates below, you may already have heard of, and some may be new to you. Some will be released very soon, and some may take few months. While we welcome all feedback from our users, we ask, please be nice. If you tell us that we suck, we’re going to ban your account! Well… not really… but let us know why we suck and we’ll try to fix it. (be constructive!)
2012 First Half Content and Event Plans
1. Easter Event
– Collect event items by logging into game every day and exchange the event items for equipment and consumables.
– New riding pets will be available
2. Lovelove Mode PVP Map(*Name may be changed)
– New ‘Capture the Flag’ style PVP mode that requires strategy and teamwork to win.
– Up to 10 players can join 1 match (5v5)
– Games can be created by the users at any time. Customizable rounds.
– Increases the participation of support class characters
3. Community Dungeon
– Daily dungeon maps that players can enter for in-game rewards
– Different bosses, rewards, and entrance requirements for each dungeons
4. Domination Mode PVP Map
– New ‘Base Domination’ style team PVP mode
– Claim neutral domination areas, attack enemy’s domination area, and/or defend your own
– Win matches by holding more domination points than the opposing team
5. Skill Combo Update
– Use basic skills in combination to trigger Skill Combos
– Provides more interactive combat style instead of just spamming skills
– Each classes will have different skill combos
6. Class Balance Update
– Major class skills and stat updates to address PVP imbalance issues.
– More details regarding the changes will come later
7. Graphics Update
– Major updates to how the game looks
– Brighter and more detailed environment
– New character combat graphic effects
– New item and equipment effects
8. Guild Emporia League
– Guilds are rewarded points for each Emporia participated
– Match wins and Emporia holds give bonus points
– Points are gathered and guilds are ranked
– Gathered points can be traded in for guild specific items and/or services. (PVP specific equipment, equipment upgrades, etc.)
– After the end of league season, Guild PVP Tournament is held to decide the champion
– Tournament qualifications are based on League rankings
– Season Length (est. 3-4 months)
9. Player Challenge Event
– Weekly challenges announced to users for weekly and monthly rewards
– Open for both new and veteran users
– Up to 10 different objectives per week
Now keep in mind that this is a rough draft and changes may not be exactly as they are written here, but some things maybe added which do not appear on this list. However we still felt the list was something the community would want to see. MMOs are an ever evolving project, which can change drastically based on the feedback provided by the community. Not everyone’s feedback can be replied to but you can rest assured that it is noticed, and forwarded to the proper channels.
So don’t be afraid to provide feedback, we are always listening.